To receive virtual care like phone calls or email we need your consent. Click the link to consent to Receive Virtual Care and Electronic Communication.
- Everywoman’s is a scent free environment. Do not wear perfume or cologne.
- Wear a mask.
- Only patients are allowed in the clinic.
- If you have a fever or flu-like symptoms, and/or lower respiratory illness (cough/shortness of breath), you must reschedule your appointment.
- Be on time. Late arrival may mean rescheduling.
- Bring photo ID.
- You need to have someone pick you up or take you home. The nurse will let you know approximate time when you’re finished. You cannot drive a car for 24 hours after your procedure.
- Total appointment time is between 2-4 hours if you have someone to go home with you. They can wait for you outside of the clinic or come back to get you.
- Total time inside our clinic is around 5-6 hours if you receive intravenous (IV) medication and leave alone by taxi, or alone on public transportation. You would need to stay 3 hours after your procedure and you must tell us this when you book your appointment.
- You will see a counsellor who will see how you are doing, answer your questions, explain the procedure, and talk with you about birth control.
- This link has information about the abortion procedure.
- You will rest for at least 30 minutes afterward if you have someone to go home with you, you must stay for 3 hours if you do not.
- If you need a doctor’s note for school or work, we can provide one for up to 3 days.
Before the appointment do:
- Have a bath or shower.
- Remove acrylic nails and fingernail polish on at least one index finger in order to read your vital signs. If it is not possible to remove or cut long acrylic nails, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- Have a supply of pads, ibuprofen (Advil) and/or acetaminophen (Tylenol) at home.
- Wear a short-sleeved top and bring warm socks or slippers
- Bring 2 sanitary pads
- Bring a small clean blanket, a drink and a small snack for after the procedure.
- Call us if you think you have miscarried.
Before the appointment don’t (or this appointment will be rescheduled)
- 6 hours before your appointment, do not EAT anything.
- 2 hours before your appointment, do not DRINK anything.
- 24 hours before your appointment, do not drink alcohol.
- 24 hours before your appointment, do not take Aspirin or any other drug containing ASA.
- Amphetamines and most street drugs must not be taken for 3 days (72 hours) before your appointment.
- Do not take any cocaine for 24 hours before your appointment.
- Do not use marijuana 12 hours before your appointment.
- Do not take suboxone on the day of your appointment or our pain medications won’t work.
- If you’re a regular heroin user, only use a minimum maintenance dose .
- If you have BC Medical coverage, we can offer you free birth control: https://everywomanshealthcentre.ca/safe-methods-program/
- This link has information about birth control: https://everywomanshealthcentre.ca/birth-control/
- This link has information for after the procedure: https://everywomanshealthcentre.ca/after-the-abortion/
Address: 210-2525 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, B.C. V5N 4C1
Our clinic is at the corner of Commercial Drive and Broadway in east Vancouver. The door to our building, 2525 Commercial Drive, is between Subway and the Bank of Montreal. We are on the second floor Suite 210.
- If you are taking public transit, the nearest Skytrain station is the Commercial-Broadway station on the Expo and Millennium Lines. Buses that come to Broadway and Commercial include the #20, the #9, and the #99 B-Line. this is a link to the Translink Trip Planner.
- You will need the hangTag app to pay for underground parking lot that opens at 7:35 am.
- Enter from East 10th Avenue, just west of Commercial Drive, behind the Money Mart.
- From the underground parking lot, take the elevator on the left. The elevator on the right will take you to the wrong building.
- Touchless Parking Payment ($2.00 for 2 hours): the underground parking does not have a kiosk to accept payment by cash, or credit card.
- Download the hangTag app in your Apple or Google Play app store.
- Location (impark lot #881 Broadway Station)